EVEsdropping: How to Survive the Quarter-Life Crisis
This post may contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our link. Read the Disclosure Policy.
Elise is turning 25 this week, so the quarter-life crisis feels are running high on our team. We’re talking what the quarter-life crisis is, what triggers it, and how to just not give a shit. Plus, we’re giving our humble opinions on Lindsay Lohan’s new lifestyle site, Kylie and Kendall’s blatant disrespect for musical icons, and Bachelor in Paradise’s future (as always).
What’s Happening in the News?
- Lindsay Lohan launched a lifestyle site and it costs $2.99 a month.
- Kylie & Kendall Jenner put their faces over a bunch of musical legends on T-shirts.Sharon Osbourne was NOT having it.
- Bachelor in Paradise will show Corrine and DeMario before the incident + discuss what happened when the show premieres.
Real Talk: The Quarter-Life Crisis is Happening
What are the triggers?
- Love life. Whether you’re single or in a long-term relationship without being engaged, the pressure is there. JUST LET ME LIVE.
- Friendships. Your friends are either on baby #2 or they’re still partying four nights a week. There is no in-between.
- Work. Not making as much as you’d like? Maybe you’re thinking about going back to school? Who tf knows what they want to do when they grow up??
- Finances: 401k, IRA, emergency fund, credit score blah blah blah. Basically you’re too old to ask your parents for money anymore.
- YOUR BODY: Weight gain. Cellulite. Spider veins. Wrinkles. It’s all happening right f*cking now. Also less energy and a harder time losing weight.
- Meleah: the worst part for me is that I’m old/mature enough to know that I shouldn’t care about these things… but I STILL CARE OKAY.
- “So I have two friends-slash-acquaintances who are pregnant (they’re both friends of friends but we do hang out on occasion). Well, a mutual friend is texting me asking what I think about throwing them a joint surprise baby shower since they are both having boys and they are due around the same time. I really feel like she’s trying to get me to volunteer my house for this but liiiiiike….is it my responsibility to throw these people a baby shower??????? I feel like I know them well enough to GO to their baby shower, but I’m not sure I feel close enough to them to be the one who is hosting it. Plus she’s wanting to do it at the end of August, which is going to be a CRAZY time for me since I’ll have just quit my job to start grad school. Oh and not to mention I’m going to be broke af. Because grad school.
- Our answer: That’s weird AF. Tell her no. Make an excuse. Do what you have to do. But that’s just weird for everyone involved — and it sounds like you have better shit to do.
- BTW, don’t forget to send us your Dear HBIC questions!!! Send to: email@example.com.
Would You Rather…
- Live to the age of 90 and retain the mind of a 25-year-old for the last 65 years of your life, or the body of a 25-year old for the last 65 years of your life?
What We’re Loving This Week
- Meleah: Follow up on “what we’re loving” from two weeks ago: GLOW rocks. This week, I’m loving secondhand fast fashion. Forever 21 clothes at Goodwill prices? Yes plz.
- Elise: My new notebook from The Crybaby Club. It says “I may cry but I can still get things done” and it was my birthday gift from Meleah and Christine. <3 <3 <3
- Elise: I am going on VACATION!!! Not really an adulting or boss moment but it’s currently the only thing going on in my life.
- Meleah: I woke up early this a.m. and then I did dishes because the sink was full. That’s either called being crazy or adulting so I choose adulting.
Don’t forget to subscribe to EVEsdropping on iTunes or Podbean! And send your Dear HBIC questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified on August 24th, 2017
Show Comments +