EVEsdropping: 9 Workplace Benefits Millennials ACTUALLY Want
This post may contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our link. Read the Disclosure Policy.
To attract millennials, a lot of employers like to brag about their open offices, free food and beer, and ping pong tables. But we’re here to tell you, as ACTUAL MILLENNIALS, that what we actually want isn’t so frivolous — is a little maternity leave too much to ask??? Plus, we’re recapping the 2017 Emmys, talking about “Not Peter’s” girls, and introducing a new segment called “Adulting Confessions.”
What’s Happening in the News?
- 2017 Emmys
- Rachel Bloom had to buy her Emmy’s dress because designers don’t like working with not-size-0 people.
- 11% is the number of nominated writers and directors who are women = of the 36 nominated writers, only four are women.
- Laura Dern won Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series for “Big Little Lies” and said “I’ve been acting since I was 11 years old and I think I’ve worked with maybe 12 women.”
- Anna Farris reportedly looked “good despite her divorce.” Because she was gonna shave her head??? And bash things with an umbrella????
- Kate McKinnon brought her girlfriend as her date. Did we know she dated girls??
- Gurl she only dates girls.
- That said I did not know she was the first openly gay cast member on SNL
- Sidenote Demi Lovato is not talking about being bisexual because like who should actually care? It is “irrelevant to what [her] music is all about.”
- Reality Steve is still on his soapbox about Arie Jr., aka “Not Peter” over on Twitter.
- Erin Condren is having a sale — everything on the site is 25% off right now, no code needed. Visit https://earnspendlive.com/go/erincondrencom
Real Talk: Workplace Benefits Millennials Actually Want
What people think we want:
- Ping pong tables
- Beer kegs
- Open offices
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet-friendly offices
- Free food
According to a survey conducted by FC Consulting on Millennial Benefit Preferences, 73% of respondents are offered at least one benefit that they don’t value.
What we actually want:
- Maternity Leave
- Healthcare obvi
- Flexible schedule
- Professional Development
- Vacation + sick days we can actually use
- 401k Contributions
- Pet-friendly offices
- Student Loan Repayment
- Meleah: I bought some HELLA CHEAP ON SALE STAR WARS SHEETS. Jeddy hates them, but I love them. Target, yo.. These are my exact sheets, but there are several other options: https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-174-logo-sheet-set/-/A-52134616#lnk=sametab&preselect=52047567
- Elise: I might have bought a Wonder Woman poster for my future child’s nursery. Not confirming or denying. Just in case I did, here’s the link: http://amzn.to/2wF5Cny
What We’re Loving This Week
- Elise: The Fall 2017 Box of Style — visit https://earnspendlive.com/go/boxofstyle and use code FALL10 for $10 off your box!
- Meleah: MY STAR WARS SHEETS.
Last modified on October 2nd, 2017
Show Comments +