7 Fidget Toys that Work Better Than Fidget Spinners
Personally, I’m not a fan of the fidget spinner trend. There are other things that I do when I’m stressed out that don’t involve twirling a piece of plastic around my finger. But, while I’m not a fan of the fidget spinner, I don’t dislike fidget toys in general. There are some innovative products that really do help anxiety, depression, ADHD, and so many other common conditions.
With that in mind, I set out to find some of the best fidget toys on the market (that actually did what they claimed to do: make people less anxious). So, without further ado, here are the six best fidget toys that totally kick fidget spinners’ asses.
- How it works: Each side of the Fidget Cube has different buttons to click (which all make crisp, satisfying clicking noises).
- Why you’ll love it: If you find yourself constantly clicking your pens, you’ll love the Fidget Cube. It’s the perfect option for those who want to click away while still getting work done. Plus, it comes in eight different color combinations.
- How it works: You squeeze the pod and a little bean head will pop out of the top.
- Why you’ll love it: The Squeeze-a-Bean Stress Toy comes on a key chain so you can hook it up and take it anywhere.
- How it works: There are 12 different sides to the Fidget Dice Anti-Anxiety and Depression Cube that each have a unique function, as well as 40 different versions.
- Why you’ll love it: With so many different options, you’ll literally never get bored with these fidget toys; there’s always some new way to hold it or new side to try out.
Stanaway Magnetic Ball Toy
2018 Update: Our original selection is no longer available, but there are many similar items available.
- How it works: You can use these fidget toys to make virtually any shape by pulling them apart and shaping them back together.
- Why you’ll love it: Each magnetic ball toy set comes with 216 balls, made with durable magnetic steel (so they’ll last you a pretty long time).
- How it works: It’s just like a stress ball, but it’s shaped like a strawberry — and you can attach it to your keychain to take it everywhere.
- Why you’ll love it: It comes in two great, fun colors and — get this — it also has a strong, comforting strawberry smell that’ll get you through the day.
- How it works: Simply flip and flick the rings to make them move.
- Why you’ll love it: It’s specially designed for those with stress, anxiety, ADHD and Autism (and is also good for breaking habits like nail biting). Plus, its long-lasting stainless steel material keeps these fidget toys from rusting or breaking.
- How it works: Simply load the ball (which is attached to a string) into position and hit the metal piece at the end of the court.
- Why you’ll love it: The Basketball Mini Desk Toy also folds up flat, making it easy to store. It’s also just a fun addition to any desk.
Last modified on August 7th, 2018