EVEsdropping: How to Achieve Inbox Zero
This post may contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our link. Read the Disclosure Policy.
Today on EVEsdropping, we’re talking email organization via Inbox Zero, how to turn your internship into a full-time job, plus we’re introducing some new segments, called “Dear HBIC” and “Would You Rather” (you might’ve heard of the latter, idk).
Real Talk: Email Organization/Inbox Zero
- Create specific folders.
- Lots, and lots, and lots of folders.
- When an email comes in, do something with it.Is it something you need to keep for reference? Move to a folder.
- Is it a task you need to complete? Leave it in your inbox. Could you complete the task in less than like three min? Just do it.
- If it’s an email in a thread, delete the earlier emails and keep the later ones. The later messages still have all the info you need in them.
- Don’t get behind. It’s easier to get an inbox with 50 emails back down to zero than it is 300.
- Unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe.
- “I’m an intern and I really like the company I’m working for. I’m definitely open to working here after graduation, but they haven’t asked me to stay. Should I wait for them to bring it up, or let them know that I’d like to come on full-time? And what do I even say?”
- Step one: Make sure you’re good at your job and your employer likes you. Step two: Ask for it as soon as you know your plans after graduation. Step three: Slay.
Would You Rather…
- Never use emojis ever again or only be able to send the poop emoji?
- Sleep with your boss and get a promotion (but no one knows) or would you rather get a promotion and have everyone think you slept with your boss but you didn’t?
What We’re Loving This Week
- Elise: Still my NECTAR mattress, holla. Read the review and use our coupon code ESL100 to get $100 off your mattress purchase!
- Meleah: MOANA.
Boss and/or Adulting Moment
- Elise: I’m becoming videographer for a day; our videographer couldn’t make it to a video interview shoot this week so I’m filling in. He showed me how to use the camera and gave me a checklist, so I’m officially adding “videographer temp” to my resume.
- Meleah: I am making phone calls like a madwoman. I’m renovating/buying/who tf knows this house that was built in 1915 and it needs some work. I’m getting every service out there to get me a bid.
Tell us how many emails YOU have in your inbox by using the hashtag #JustEVEsdropping. And send your questions for “Dear HBIC” to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Show Comments +