EVEsdropping: Christine’s Leaving Us for Law School
This is Christine’s last week with us at Earn Spend Live (she started with us as a writer and has been editing for the past six months), so we’re talking about her decision to make a complete career change and enroll in law school — and everything that entails, like the financial realities of not being able to work your first year of law school, concerns and fears of taking the leap, and signs you, dear listener, are ready for a career change.
Real Talk: Christine’s Leaving Us for Law School
- Why she made the decision
- Signs you’re ready for a career change
- Concerns and fears
- I’m a junior in college and I’ve been dating the same guy since high school — in fact, he’s the ONLY guy I’ve ever dated. We actually broke up a few months ago because we had really grown apart and I wasn’t really feeling attracted to him anymore. But it didn’t last long because he’s my best friend and I really missed him. But ever since we got back together I realized I probably made a mistake — but now I don’t know how to end it again and I feel horrible about breaking his heart AGAIN because he’s a great guy and doesn’t deserve it. And, I don’t want to admit this, but also I’m scared of breaking up w/ him because I don’t really have friends and I spend all of my time with him. I don’t wanna be lonely and/or single for the rest of my life.
Would You Rather…
- Have a 10-hour dinner with a headstrong politician from an opposing party, or attend a 10-hour concert for a music group you detest?
- Spend 20 years in prison and be exonerated as innocent or be put away for four years (despite your innocence) and be considered guilty forever?
What We’re Loving This Week
- Christine: My new Erin Condren Academic planner from my work BFFs <3
- Elise: Laz’s new collar from Danes & Divas!!
- Christine: Well I’m quitting my job and chasing my dreams sooooo does that count?
- Elise: Letting go of a negative friendship. Oh, also I enjoy a little red wine now.
Love us? Mean it! Subscribe to EVEsdropping on iTunes, and don’t forget to rate us and review us. Plus, follow us literally everywhere @earnspendlive and send your Dear HBIC questions to email@example.com.