EVEsdropping: Trouble in Paradise + Confessions of a Cat Dad
This week, we have a special guest joining us: Austin, aka Elise’s boyfriend, aka Laz’s dad. Father’s Day is this weekend, so we’re talking about how becoming a cat parent totally changes your life. Plus, how can we not talk about that Bachelor in Paradise bombshell??? Our summer is officially ruined.
What’s Happening in the News?
- Production on Bachelor in Paradise has been suspended maybe indefinitely???
- Almost definitely indefinitely.
- I don’t want to say too much because rumors are bad, but from all accounts, it was a bad situation, the producers should have stepped in, producers did not. Now they’re being sued.
- It’s like UnREAL IRL.
Real Talk: Confessions of a Cat Dad
Austin and I brought Laz home about six months ago. He was never really a cat person, but then he met Laz. And now he’s a cat dad!
- You weren’t always a cat person. In fact, you really only agreed to getting a cat to make me happy. So how has that changed?
- It took me a minute, but I fell in love with Laz. He’s really unique though; he’s not a normal cat. He snuggles, he plays, and he likes having people over.
- What things did you not expect when getting a cat? What’s had to change in your life?
- I didn’t expect the vet bills. We’ve had a lot with Laz; he kind of had a rough start.
- How has Laz proven your perceptions of cats wrong?
- Every other cat I’ve ever known has been really skittish; even your other cats. When I’d come over, they’d disappear. So I was nervous to get a cat, but Laz is the coolest. He’s like a dog.
- What’s the worst part about being a cat dad?
- There’s litter everywhere constantly. We vacuum almost every day and it’s still everywhere.
- What’s the best part about being a cat dad?
- Having a buddy to binge-watch TV with. We bonded over all six seasons of Game of Thrones.
- Do you still want a dog, or is Laz it?
- I still want a dog, someday. I loved raising Laz, so I’d want a puppy. But not now. That’s too much work right now. Maybe when we get a house.
- How has raising a kitten together changed our relationship?
- It’s definitely changed it for the better. We feel like more of a family + our communication has had to improve to establish who does what for Laz (like scooping his poop, brushing him, feeding him, etc.).
Would You Rather…
- Have a house full of like 20 cats or never be able to get a pet ever? Not even a fish.
- Have a cat that acts like a dog or a dog that acts like a cat?
- Have a cat who doesn’t cuddle or a cat who doesn’t play?
- Elise: Created KPIs for Earn Spend Live, plus my own personal budget.
- Austin: I’ve been putting more money from each paycheck into my savings account.